The benefits at a glance:
- Unique combination of ground microphone and tracer gas detector
- Everything included in a set (control unit, ground microphone, H2 sensor)
- Highest location precision due to visualisation of up to nine measuring points (gas concentration/sound)
- Logger function for sound and gas concentration
- Increased reliability due to comprehensive frequency analysis
The Hydrolux Series of Equipment
The modern DSP technology used together with a 16 bit audio codec provides the user with high audio quality. Background noise is simultaneously minimised. This means that leaks which only produce a quiet sound can also be reliably identified. The Hydrolux is easy to carry even for longer periods of work due to the small housing and low weight. The large back-lit display provides easy reading of the measurement results. Hydrolux is simple to use which makes it a fine companion in your daily search for leaks.
With the modern series of Hydrolux equipment HL 500 H2 and HL 5000 H2, you can find leaks particularly quickly, easily and reliably. The equipment uses modern digital signal processing technology (DSP) to clearly recognise the leak sound, even when there is a lot of noise in the environment. The sounds are not just perceived audibly, but are also displayed graphically using ultra-modern dual segment analysis (DSA) technology. For the user this means more reliability when locating water losses.
How does tracer gas/test gas measurement work?
The use of tracer gas for locating leaks in water pipes with electronic gas detection equipment has been tried and tested for several years.
Leak Detection ProcedureTo find a leak, the pipe to be investigated is filled with tracer gas (forming gas - 5% hydrogen and 95% nitrogen) through a hydrant or house connection. This escapes from the leak and is precisely located at the surface. Owing to its low specific density and molecular structure, tracer gas has the particular characteristic of quickly penetrating all materials (concrete, tiles, tarmac etc.) and rising vertically, where it can then be detected using the HL 500 H2.
Due to its precise and quick reaction, the HL 5000 H2 is ideal for accurately locating even the smallest of leaks.
Modern DSA technology for optimised leak location
DSA technology stands for "dual segment analysis". In a normal noise spectrum, background noise (cars, wind, passers-by, etc.) drowns out the actual sound of the leak. After calculation and evaluation the background noise is displayed as a narrow bar in the graph. The actual sound of the leak is identified by the minimum value, which is displayed as a wide bar in the graph. The nearer that you get to the leak, the higher this bar gets.
Line location mode
The HL 5000 H2 has a special mode to better locate plastic pipelines acoustically. With this function, the equipment reacts particularly sensitively to the impulse noises produced by a "pipe pecker" or by an impulse generator. The filters are automatically adjusted for this application. The enlarged drag display is easier to read and thus eases the location of the pipeline.
The advantages at a glance:
- Combination of acoustic and tracer gas leak location in one device
- Histogram function for sound and gas concentration
- Hear and see leaks: Histogram measurement with 9 simultaneously displayed DSA measurements
- Low weight - non-tiring to use
- High audio quality - Completely digital 16 bit audio codec
- Frequency analysis of the recorded sounds
- Sound logger and gas concentration logger functions: 3-15-30 minutes
- Leak location equipment/amplifier
- Ground microphone (PAM W-2)
- Connection lead VK 65
- Equipment case
- Carrying belt
- Tripod adapter (PAM U-D)
- Carrying rod PAM W-1/PAM W-2
- Carrying rod PAM T-3
- H2 sensor with rod
- Active universal microphone PAM B-2 with magnet and probe tip
- Tripod adapter PAM W-2-D
- Slide valve adapter 20 mm
- Slide valve adapter 42 mm
- Extension set for PAM B-2 and PAM T-3 sensor rods